(Featured Image: Jo Howell APP MPhotog)
Welcome to a new year, a new decade, and an exciting new membership structure to launch the AIPP community into 2020 and beyond with renewed vigour!
We’ve kick-started our new look with the introduction of the Member category.
This now goes a long way to welcome a broader base of people to our community and makes membership of the AIPP inclusive to everyone.
Regular ‘Member’ pricing will return to $19 a month ($228 annually) soon so join us today to save over 36 percent on your first year of membership.
Our existing members in the categories of ‘Enthusiast’, ‘Emerging’, ‘International’ and ‘Retired’ will all be consolidated to form the sole ‘Member’ title with the introduction of the new IT system within the next few months.
We’ve already welcomed close to 50 new members in a few short weeks and look forward to many more joining us as word continues to spread.
Get involved, if you aren’t already, so you can advance your portfolio, find inspiration, grow your network, develop friendships with other like-minded members, get invited to industry and community events (both in-person and online), and participate in our vibrant awards scene.
Our highly valued Accredited memberships remain and forms the primary tier of membership.
Our existing Accredited members will now enjoy a reduced annual renewal fee of $39 a month ($468 annually) down from $550.
This new fee also extends to new members applying to become an Accredited Professional Photographer (APP.)
Accredited Professional Video Producer (APVP) members maintain their existing membership structure including their flat $250 annual fee.
Additionally, we’re pleased to have introduced the Accredited membership sabbatical for those members who sometimes need to take a break for various reasons.
Applications for a sabbatical can be made by contacting our admin team (1300 685 334 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Each application is given due consideration on a case-by-case basis.
The sabbatical period will grant a reduction in membership fees equivalent to the general Member rate for a period of up to 12 months, while enabling Accredited status to remain for membership and award entry purposes.
Overall the new membership structure is simpler, more affordable, and more inclusive. Triple win there!
Is the AIPP right for me?
You should become a member of the AIPP if you are:
- actively involved in photography and/or video production in some way and/or developing your craft
- interested in photography or video production as a hobby
- involved in creative work and photography forms some part of what you do or relates in some way
- just starting out or in the early stages of running a photography or video production business.
What do I get?
As a member of the AIPP you’ll have access to all current special offers from our trade partners and all available resources via your member dashboard including:
- specimen contracts prepared by AIPP commercial legal representatives
- a video library of educational resources
- discounted member rates for all events
- discounted member entry fee for state and national awards
- access to member-only social media platforms and groups
That’s the ‘stuff’ but what you really get is a sense of community, friendship, network, education and inspiration!
You’ll become part of Australia’s premium community of passionate photographers and video producers nation-wide and we’ll be happy to have you.
There’s more to come regarding the changes we have in store so stay tuned! You don’t want to miss out on what’s coming.
Here are a few exciting things we’re currently working towards:
- introducing an ‘International Reciprocal’ membership for our NZIPP, BIPP and APP friends
- introducing a ‘Corporate’ membership category for businesses wishing to involve their employees as members under a business entity
- implementing an ongoing payment system with no need to manually ‘renew’ each year
We look forward to answering any questions you might have and/or welcoming you aboard!
– The Board: Louise, Bruce, Geoff, Ben, Felisha, David, and Les